Wednesday, April 16, 2008

All Politic-ed Up

Philly is all geared up for politics. I pass by the National Constitution Center every morning on the way to work, which is the site of tonight's Democratic debate. There were a bunch of news broadcasters out front this morning, along with some cool looking buses parked out back.

Anyway, I am looking forward to this political season being over. Every commercial break during my Phillies and Flyers games has Obama talking to a bunch of Pennsylvania blue-collared workers about how government has let them down. These billboards are on every corner bus stop:





There was a knock at my door on Saturday night, and I answered to see a guy holding a clipboard. His question: "Are you a registered Democrat?" My answer: "No, I am actually registered with the opposition party." His response: "Oh, well good luck with your candidate." I inquired: "Am I the only one?" He quipped: "You moved to the wrong neighborhood."

4 comments:

Matt Mikalatos said...

The commercials in our area are all about how we can:

end the war
save the environment
change the world

In that order. If you register to vote as a democrat.

Question: I wonder why those campaign posters have a drawing of Obama rather than a photo? Any clue on that?

Matt Mikalatos said...

I should have said, that's what the OBAMA commercials are about. I don't think registering is enough. You have to actually vote for Obama, also. I haven't seen any Hillary commercials.

Matt Mikalatos said...

I should have said, that's what the OBAMA commercials are about. I don't think registering is enough. You have to actually vote for Obama, also. I haven't seen any Hillary commercials.

Jessica Bott said...

I received a similar response months back with a door-to-door guy. I think he thought I was ignorant as he asked me about our current president and my perspective on him. :)