Monday, September 22, 2008

More Catch-Up

Time to play catch-up now that I've been away for a while. Here's an attempt:

1. A and I are now school parents. We drive to school, pick up, receive frequent fund-raising requests, etc. Yes, J began kindergarten last week, and we all lived through the first three days. He declared his first day of school to be "the best day of school ever." We also observed he and B playing home-school and overhead J teaching B some Spanish words he had learned. So those are a few highlights. Being an optimist, I'll save all the low-lights for some cold, rainy winter day....

2. Speaking of winter, it seems summer has slipped away and now there are Halloween and Christmas decorations in all the stores. I've made about 4 trips to HD/Lowe's the last few days as A and I wrestle a new pedestal sink into our bathroom, so I know that those home repair stores are all about the holiday decorations.

Well instead of kicking against the change of seasons, I think I'll just continue to listen to Jon Foreman's "Fall" album which is the best of his 4 "season" albums.

3. Although the pace of life of our family has picked up speed with the start of school, I've still had time to enjoy the joys of having baseball and football season overlap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, happy birthday from the Frizzell Family!!!