Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm worse than a "laggard"



The graph on the left is one that we used quite often in my previous organization. Basically, some folks jump on board early, some wait a bit, and others take a long time to jump on a certain method, fad, belief, etc... While pretty intuitive, many folks at my previous organization loved to talk about this thing at length. Many, many hours were spent "walking through this." Wish I had those hours back.

Anyway, here is why this is appearing on my blog: I'm not a laggard, as there has to be something later than a "laggard." I am just getting on the blog-fad. All that to say, I'm in the blogosphere, and you're going to enjoy it even if it kills me to spend 20 minutes googling the above curve and finally finding a site from which I could cut and paste the picture.

My lagging tendencies don't surpise me. I was the dude who started listening to Pearl Jam's "ten" album about 2 years after it came out, and I insisted on telling everyone how great this band was after they'd been on top of the charts for years.

6 comments:

Ryan said...

Come on in, the water is fine.

Glad to see you blogging. How about some sports blogging?
Undefeated Sun Devils?
Defeated Irish?
Triumphant Sox?
Tragic Eagles?

Jessica Bott said...

Does this mean that Facebook is in the near future??? :)

Dan said...

jess, you have a better chance of seeing satan shopping for a winter coat down at filene's basement than seeing me on facebook...but your perseverence is to be admired.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices for the boots were around 330 dollars on every page. But completely I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

hi there friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for that exact brand. The prices seeking the velcros are around 300 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what do you think?