Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Current Likes/Dislikes

Lists seem to be popular in media these days. So I'm in:

Elements of Life I Am Currently Enjoying:

1. B's insistence on calling the great fish in all the Jonah story books "a dolphin." I don't know why, but this is funny to me every time.

2. J had to give his preschool class a "tip" yesterday, his tip: "Don't stand up on top of the car."

3. Found a pretzel place near our house that cranks out fresh hot pretzels starting at 6am. Unbelievable.

4. Donna Reed in "It's a Wonderful Life"

5. Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life"

6. "Southbound Train" by Jon Foreman

7. I knew it:


8. The 76ers are really bad, but they have some young players who might turn into real NBA players.

9. My living room lit with Christmas lights.

10. Getting to listen to Sunday Morning Over Easy streaming over the internet on Sunday mornings from the finest radio station, 92.9WBOS in Boston.

11. Seeing some old China friends.

12. The knockoff NPR skit on SNL with Alec Baldwin. As with B and "the dolphin", Pete Schwedy and his balls are funny every time.



Elements of Life I'm Not Enjoying So Much:

1. No college football for a few weeks, except for the D-IAA and D-II championships, which I watched like they were the superbowl.

2. "Southbound Train" by Jon Foreman

3.

4. The fact that I haven't read a book for a couple of months.

5. Not getting to see more old China friends.


And there you have it. I'm sure more lists of likes and dislikes will surface in the days to come.

No comments: