Friday, January 4, 2008

My Kids = Hosed

We occasionally fire up the music loud, and do a little dancing around the living room after dinner. The boys get nuts, and A even sometimes joins us. I subscribe to rhapsody.com (on a side note, DO THE SAME, it's excellent to have any and every song at your listening pleasure) and I draw upon my "recently listened to" queue to pull a few songs for dancing. Well, I was playing DJ last night for our post-dinner craziness, and I noticed the following lyrics in a few of the songs I chose:

"Now he's having a smoke, and she's taking a drag, now they're going to bed, and my stomach is sick...."

so i changed it to another song which involved "living on reds, vitamin C, and cocaine...."

so i once again chose another song that had "we laughed all the way to hell, saying yes this is fine promotion...."



All that to say, while I hope they embrace good music as they grow, I want to guide them away from all that the lyrics suggest.....May God have mercy on us all, everyone.

Lastly, we finished up with some David Crowder's (you know, to get a Jesus song in there...) "Here Is Our King" -- which in my opinion is perhaps the finest of "the passion movement" songs.

EXTRA CREDIT: can you identify the three songs from the lyrics given above?

3 comments:

Jason Seville said...

I recognized The Killers (#1), but not the other two. I cheated and Googled #s 2 and 3 out of curiosity.

Jessica Bott said...

Bro, You are so funny. I laughed out loud while reading this to Allyson in San Antonio - SP Dir Training... :) I'm glad you got a "Jesus" song in there. Way to go.

P.S. I wish there was someone in the office that didn't care about the Patriots as much as I don't... I'm sick of hearing about them.

Ryan said...

Extra Credit: Identify the person who turned you on to Rhapsody!