Friday, February 8, 2008

Recollections

A and I went out for Thai food last night. I don't really like Thai food, but A enjoys it a bunch. And the place we went was pretty dang good.

My favorite food items from my multiple trips to the kingdom of Thailand:
- slurpees from 7-11
- sizzler at the royal garden hotel
- little bananas at every buffet
- fried pork on the side of the road near the ambassador jomtien
- DQ
- BK in the BKK airport
- European food at all the tasty European restaurants in Chiang Mai and Ko Samui
- pizza at the Pizza Garden in Ko Samui

As you can see, I'm not a real adventurous eater when travelling. However, it was good to recall the fine times spent travelling over the years last night with A.

Have a happy year of the rat. Go "bao" some jiaozi and eat them, or just get some orange chicken from Panda Express at the mall. Do what you gotta do.









Lastly, a little picture here below that may drum up a few Thai memories for some of you:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the trip down memory lane w/ the list of "thai" food. You really can't beat a good salad at the Sizzler and a blizzard chaser!!! Needless to say the Panda Express is about as good as it gets here in Ohio, but xin nian kuai le to you and yours!!! Go Rats!

Also, if my boy was born Jan. 8, 2008- does that make him a rat? Does it make him 1 or 2? I never could figure out the dang age thing over there... some people had me up to 3 years older than I ever was. Being chinese could give a girl a complex.
later,
e

Matt Mikalatos said...

Big John ate at Sizzler this year, and he was puking for about 24 hours. He was fine after that. Of course, I've never seen John stop eating for more than 24 hours, so I guess that might have been a miraculous recovery.

I also taught Ted to eat mango sticky rice this year. :)

Jason Seville said...

I'm disappointed that Mangoes and Sticky Rice didn't make your top list. Nor did Pad Thai. You have issues.

I remember thinking Big Perm was kinda weird for slamming an average of 4.5 styrofoam containers of Mangoes/Sticky Rice per day... but after I had my first container, I was hooked.