Friday, November 2, 2007

Big Weekend

Two significant events this weekend in our little world:


1. We are in the lottery. Big drawing tonight at 7pm. Many of our efforts these past weeks have been focused on school options for J, our four year old. He starts K-garten next fall. Well, we have applied to a good charter school here in Philly, and the lottery for entrance is tonight. There are 200+ applicants for about 5-10 spots. When I heard the odds, I could only draw on the immortal words of Harry from "Dumb and Dumber"--"...so you're saying I have a chance..."


There's actually a public lottery, sort of like the NFL or NBA draft. I'm thinking about wearing a gaudy suit. Or maybe I'll paint my chest and bring a big foam finger....


2. The second big event of the weekend is the Eagles - Dallas football game. I am going with my brother and two other friends. There should be some solid fights in the stands, and I only hope the Birds fight just as hard on the field. But if I am not here next week, it could be because I was involved in an unfortunate incident at Lincoln Financial Field.

No comments: