Friday, November 23, 2007

Day After Thanksgiving

It is now officially post-Thanksgiving and we are all granted permission to listen to Christmas music. I used to work with a dude who listened to Christmas music all year round-I found it troubling. However, I didn't find it as troubling as the Josh Grobin CD that my Mom just bought and listens to in the office. She loves him. I am not as fond of him as she is.

Anyway, a few more random thoughts for your Holiday enjoyment:

1. We've watched Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving each of the past two days. My boy J finds the scene with the fight between Snoopy and the chair to be somewhat scary. He also finds Winnie the Pooh and Thomas the Train to be spooky at times as well. He has a low tolerance for scary-ness in videos. He is tough as nails, though, when we play tackle football.

2. Had a good holiday with my cousins at my aunt's, and it is always good to see all of them. My other son, B (I'm not sure why I can't post their full names, but I find that other bloggers just put the first letter) loves to eat pickles. He will eat pickles at any time, and with great vigor. Therefore, he loves Thanksgiving. He pulled up a chair to the obligatory plate of pickles, and proceeded to knock down several plates of them. He also loads black olives onto each of his fingers and eats them. He repeated this activity, often.

3. I've got to go get a bit of work done, so I can leave early and go home and watch Friday afternoon college football. Yet another treat of this great holiday weekend.

4 comments:

Andy McCullough said...

You are totally free to type the full names of your kids... just a Mikalatos thing. My boys - Luke, Jack and Drew (SEE!) - also have low tolerance for scary scenes. Chicken Little was too 'cary for Jack and Drew yesterday.

Matt Mikalatos said...

Bah.

Of course Andy has missed the pattern.

It's parents with girl children who have to hide their children's names.

We also gave the girls two middle names in case someone figures out the first names.

Rebecca O said...

We hide all our names in my blog ('cept mine) but we're missionaries and people might find us and persecute us. Or somethin' like that...

Zookeeper said...

I totally understand people wanting to hide the names of their family, but it's sort of nice when it's all spelled out too. After a while, it gets easy to mix up all those DH's and DD's and J's.

A *giggle*